SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT CONSULTING
A la carte Services
- $60/hour for script reading and emailed notes (4-5 hours per average two act length script)
- $80/meeting for in-person notes and feedback (1-1.5 hours)
- $150/visit for workshops or staged readings (includes emailed notes and feedback)
Six Week Intensive – $1,750
- Draft A submitted to Adriana; Meeting 1: discuss “big picture” notes about what work Adriana recommends and cultivate action plan
- Draft B emailed to Adriana; Meeting 2: notes about new draft – centered on primary area of focus (structure, language, character development, etc.)
- Draft C emailed to Adriana; Meeting 3: notes about new draft – centered on primary and secondary areas of focus
- Draft D emailed to Adriana; Adriana delivers written notes about final draft and recommended “next steps” for production or submission; Optional meeting or phone call to discuss final draft and notes
Also included – Adriana will:
- Attend a reading or workshop and provide feedback
- Look over submission documents and materials
- Give feedback about marketing materials including cover letter, resume, and website
- Send weekly check-ins via email for support or accountability
- Schedule additional meetings as needed.
* Timeline can be discussed. There will be an additional fee to elongate the process.
Reading/Workshop Line Producing – $1,550*
Let me take care of the details so you can focus on the work
- Create budget outline
- Find rehearsal and/or performance space
- Find or recommend director, stage manager, and cast
- Organize auditions if necessary
- Create rehearsal schedule
- Create contract templates for director, stage manager, and actors
- Collect proper AEA or SDC paperwork
- If reading is open to the public, consult on creating a plan for marketing
- If reading is invite-only, consult on creating a plan to invite special guests
- Recommend creative and pragmatic ways of getting the most from the experience of hearing your play aloud
*This fee covers Adriana’s services only. All expenses for the reading/workshop are paid by the client and are in addition to this fee. Client and/or her production company or producing partner serves as “producer of note” for all contracts and agreements with vendors.
Adriana Baer is a freelance theater practitioner focusing on directing and dramaturgy. As an adjunct professor at Portland State University, Adriana teaches courses in theater history and script analysis. She has taught for The Acting Company, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Columbia University School of the Arts and many others. Adriana has collaborated with playwrights at a number of new play development programs including Profile Theatre’s In Dialogue Series, Ensemble Studio Theatre’s Down to the River Festival, Bay Area Playwrights Festival, The Cutting Ball Theater’s Risk Is This… Festival, Primary Stages and The Lark Play Development Center. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree degree from Sarah Lawrence College where she studied Dramatic Literature and a Master of Fine Arts from Columbia University in Directing where she also studied dramatic structure and dramaturgy, new play development, and classical theater. Adriana has directed for Profile Theatre (Artistic Director, 2012-2015), Artists Repertory Theatre, The Cutting Ball Theater (Associate Artistic Director, 2004-2007), Columbia Stages, Atlantic Theater Company Stage 2, the cell, and The Acting Company (Staff Director for 2012 national tour, bringing productions of Shakespeare to 32 cities in the US and Canada). Additionally, Adriana has worked with Opera Boston, The Public Theater, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, San Francisco Circus Center/Pickle Circus, Theatre Communications Group, American Conservatory Theater, California Shakespeare Theater and Oregon Shakespeare Festival. She is a member of SDC, the professional union of stage directors and choreographers.